I believe that magical, unprecedented, innovative things happen when people who don’t typically interact actually meet. Two people from different worlds, coming together, can create unimaginable change.
This is my attempt to 10x how often these chance encounters happen, hopefully making the world a better place in the process. Imagine if this took off and spread. I can’t predict where this may go, and that’s the point. But I need your help. This is your excuse to introduce cool people who might never meet otherwise… what an honor you have!
Here’s how it works:
- Pick someone awesome in your network. Someone who knows you.
- Repeat step one, but make sure the two people don’t know each other. The least alike they are in professional backgrounds, the better.
- If you could get these two people to work on one project together, might the results be really crazy, creative, innovative, impactful, or even unpredictable? If so, go to the next step. If not, go back to step 1 or 2.
- In the comments here in Medium, and over on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc. tag those two people along with the hashtag #TwoToChange
- If someone tags you, connect with the other person and see what happens. And, make sure to tag two people in your network to keep this going. Don’t forget to use #TwoToChange
Hopefully this will make our planet a bit more exciting and promote serendipity. It’s a small world after all.
So give it a shot. Give it a few shots! Now here’s a cute animal photo…